Friday 2 May 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms

The original Revlon Colorburst Balms have been around for quite some time, however, the matte version has only recently arrived. I loved the original ones, so naturally, the first thing I did when the matte balms were released was order almost every single colour they had available. In my defence, Priceline was having an awesome buy one, get one free offer on Revlon lip products a week or two ago- so really, I saved myself a lot of money. Sort of.


Elusive- a medium pink. Super easy to wear on those 'no makeup' kinda days when you still want something on your lips that's not ridiculously obvious. At the same time, it's got enough pink in it that you won't look like dreadfully sick or resemble a corpse.

Mischievous- a light orange.

Shameless- a mid tone grape purple. To be honest, not sure how often I'm actually going to wear this, but I'm all for bright lips so I thought I'd give it a go. I had a bit of an issue with patchiness with this one, but I think that's more my problem than it is the product itself.

Showy- a bright, blue based pink. This isn't a colour I tend to go for, but this is muted enough for me that I feel comfortable wearing it. I think this kind of shade looks better with a tan, so I'll probably be waiting till summer to fully bust it out since I'm far too lazy to maintain a fake tan.

Standout- a neutral red.

Striking- a slightly warm tone, lighter red.

Sultry- a mid toned mauve.

Unapologetic- a bright pinky coral.

For the most part, these are more pigmented and wear longer than the lacquer balms. I can wear these for about 6 hours through eating and drinking before I really feel the need to reapply. They have a nice slip which makes application super easy, however, I do find them to be a bit drying after I've been wearing them for a few hours.

If you've picked up any of the matte balms, I'd love to hear your thoughts x

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!